The BBC has been running the results of an international poll it commissioned about the Iraq war. Some results:
- 60% of people polled believed that the Iraq war has increased the threat of terror attacks worldwide
- 45% believe that removing Saddam was a mistake
- However, 74% of Iraqis believe that removing Saddam was the right decision
- 45% of Iraqis believe coalition troops should pull out. 49% percent think they should stay until the country is stable
The full poll results are available as a PDF.
Changing gears, a CBS News poll shows that President Bush’s approval rating has fallen to a new all-time low:
- Bush’s approval rating is now 34%
- Two out of three Americans think that Bush did not respond adequately to the needs of Katrina victims
- 51% agreed that “the president does not care much about people like themselves”.
- Only 30% approve of how Bush is handling the Iraq war
- Only 18% have a favorable view of Dick Cheney
All in all, not a good polling week for the administration.